- Dubai Mall - this is the biggest shopping mall in the world based on leasable space. It is located in the popular downtown area that has lot of famous attractions like Burj Khalifa. The mall itself houses some remarkable attractions like the Dubai Ice rink, Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo, Sega Republic and Kidzania.
- Mall of the Emirates - This is another really popular Dubai mall, it houses some interesting attractions like Magic Planet which is a a family friendly entertainment center offering rides, games and a theme park. It also has a a 14 screen Multiplex cinema, Ski Dubai, lot of dinning options and 2 five star hotels (Kempinsky and Sheraton).
- Burjuman Centre - Located in the middle of bustling Bur, the Burjuman Centre specializes in high end fashion,it has all the major brands. Now most of the brands are luxury brands so you are sure to shell out some good cash for some good stuff. Other than the luxury brands there are also some more affordable brands like DKNY, Guess etc The mall has an old and new new part with the earlier housing most of the luxury brands while the later houses the more affordable brand. The mall also has a food court,play area (located in the 3rd floor). The sunny courtyards and the impressive gardens gives the mall a unique outdoor feel. The are plenty of dinning options, underground parking and a taxi rank outside the mall.
- Dragon Mart - Now this is the biggest Chinese market outside China. The mart offers a rare channel to Chinese products for the Middle East and North African markets. This 150,000 square meter mart containing almost 4000 shops offers both retail and wholesale trading opportunity for Chinese manufactured products. The mart is situated on the Hatta Al Ain highway.
- Global Village - This shopping resort is situated in Dubailand is is touted to be the biggest leisure, entertainment and tourism project. It is Dubai's most unique and exciting cultural and tourism destination. It has 37 country pavilions and offers culinary, entertainment and breath taking live performances in addition to a theme park.
- Deira City Centre - this is situated on the waterfront. Shopper are usually suprised by the rousing welcome that comes with a complimentary bottle of water. This mall boasts of over 350 stores offering a diverse range of merchandise. The major fashion brands are present. This mall is great destination for jewelry shopping as it offers 33 dedicated jewelry stores. It also houses a cinema, Magic Planet and some hotels. Deira City Center is the first mall to offer leisure, entertainment and shopping within the same complex in Dubai.
- Al Ghurair Centre - This is one of the prime fashionista destinations in Dubai boasting of an impressive collection of the major brands. There are also shops specializing in local fashion. The mall also offers a large accessory gallery with a cosmetic section. There's also a large cinema offering both Hollywood and Bollywood movies, a kid's play area that ensure that the entire family gets entertained.
- Ibn Battuta Mall - This is the largest themed shopping mall in the world, designed in honor of Ibn Battuta the renowned Arabic explorer. You can enjoy a shopping experience that is historically informative. The mall offers about 275 shops, 50 restaurants, a 21 screen cinema, a large exhibition center(China Court) amongst others.
- Wafi Shopping Mall - This mall that offers about 350 stores describes itself as offering a unique shopping experience. What really differentiates Wafi is perhaps its extensive collection of art.This is inspired by both the legacies of pharaoh and modern art. The mall also houses plenty of art galleries featuring both local and international artists. The mall is hard to miss, it has a unique pyramid type façade, the obvious Egyptian theme continues throughout the mall. Lifestyle is another area of emphasis for Cleopatra Spa boasts pristine decor and an extremely relaxing atmosphere. There are also several restaurants and retail outlets.
- Al Bustan Centre - This mall is a great choice for guests with kids. It has the biggest indoor amusement parlor in UAE. Fantasy Kingdom has a medieval castle theme,there is also a traditional video arcade,rides for the kids and bumper cars for the older kids. The kids can busy up with the several play options while you explore over 80 retail outlets that the mall offers.
- Festival Centre - This mall is situated at the banks of Dubai creek, it offers lots of great retail outlets. The most distinctive feature of this mall is the 250 metre wide yacht club that it is built around.This mall is surrounded by some of the top hotels in Dubai. This is a family friendly mall which offers a cinema, bowling alley and even a karaoke lounge.
Shopping In Dubai
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I finally got around to doing my first post!!!!!!! Okay, I'll dive right into it.The thing about shopping in Dubai is that the actual shopping is quite average. Yes I said it! However the experience is quite intriguing. If you've shopped in New York, London,Paris or Milan then Dubai malls will for sure be a disappointment. You get to see all of the familiar brands, just more expensive I'd say. You can always find an odd bargain here and there, for instance I got a Nikon DSLR at Burjuman Centre with so many add-ons(Additional Memory,Pouch etc) at a crazy price. If you're a strictly "bargain shopper", you might want to think again about Dubai. Below, I'll try to capture some of the most popular shopping resorts in Dubai.